14 March 2010

Blogging Around: Connor and Merrick

Connor's dialectics blog post was about the role of business and government in society.

My comment:
"I completely agree with you in that business and government should remain two separate entities and should not intervene with one another. You addressed important yet unfortunate effects of each institution holding too much power and realizing these outcomes are vital in maintaining society. This was well written and thought out."

Merrick's blog post was about colonialism and its long-term effects on Africa's development.

My comment:
"This really grabbed my interest because I, too, have pondered Africa's slow progression (compared to the rest of the world). The idea of European imperialism stunting Africa's growth makes perfect sense and I completely agree. I also agree with you, Merrick, in that Africa didn't benefit under European rule. It only led to a wounded society that never seemed to fully recover."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Send Email